Friday 31 July 2015

Best Day Ever!

My hexie quilt is FINISHED!

Fabric range was mostly Best Day Ever by April Rosenthal and it was a super day when I finally finished this and got to use it!


  And I'm in love with it.  The colours are just happy and lively!  Exactly what I wanted!

My 11yr old picked the backing and binding colour.......turns out he has a pretty good eye!


 I had planned some scattered hexies on the back but they didn't look right so it's ended up plain
but I might add some larger ones at a later date!



Isn't it so pretty and totally girlie?





Thanks again to Raquel ( a.k.a. @colourmehappy2 on Instagram) for getting me started on my first hexie project by sending me a little pack of paper templates!   I think I'm definitely hooked on hexies!
Show Comments: OR

3 comments:

Tomomi McElwee said...

It's so pretty. bless your patient.

Ruth said...

Wow looks like so much work - but what a beautiful result!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tomomi & Ruth! It was a lot of work but at the same time, I really enjoyed it. I'll admit I got a bit impatient and wanted it finished in the end but now I do wish I had made it bigger. It's the perfect size for my small couch though which is good. Next time, Ill put it away for a few months and come back to it rather than making something smaller than intended!